Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Age of Chasing Truckers


Let's face it - times have changed.

The old days of chasing truckers are just about gone. My old school buddies tell me about old, cruisy parking areas they used to score at. They tell me about gas stations with open outdoor showers for truckers, and they tell me about CB cruising techniques of yesteryear that always got them trucker cock. I feel jealous that I didn't get to experience much of that. It would have been great to cruise so easily like that. Times were simpler, the world was a better place. Not anymore.

Nowadays its cellphones, laptops, text messages, GPS, and countless other electronic advances that have killed old-school TruckChasing. The second you try to cruise out there, you're going to get an updated dose of technology and unwanted attention.

In fact, if you still know of a hotspot for cruising truckers, keep it to yourself! If you share your hidden treasure with the internet masses, odds are it will get too much attention and will quickly get shut down. You'll soon see your goldmine replaced by some mini-mall travel center with surveillance cameras. (But you can drop me a line to share your adventures with me, though! I don't post locations. )

That was always my beef with setting up a "cruisy areas" section on truckchaser.com. I saw several places shut down after cruising sites put them on their lists and made them popular. In essence, the webmaster sold the place out because he got money for that listing, but the cruisy area was shut down and the rest of us got screwed over. Thanks a lot!

I think its up to us now to revamp the new art of chasing truckers. We have to find a way of using all this technology to hook up without being stuck at home on a computer, or without having to lug around a laptop. Chasing truckers is still best done out on the road in the real world, but now we have cooler toys to help us with the chase.

Now bear in mind that with new cruising toys come new cruising risks. While we're out using our cellphones to get laid, we should be aware of newer and modern risks. I can go into lots more detail here, so let me know if you're interested in hearing more.

TC

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Howdy Tuff,

    Yep, the old days are over. I've been doing truckers since 1985, and the old techniques don't work much anymore. I haven't scored a driver in a year and I've been thinking what to do about it.

    As I see it, here's what killed the old system:

    1. Cell phones with cameras: Makes contacting the cops with documentation way too easy.

    2. GPS: Truckers are now monitored as to whereabouts and have to account for their time minute-by-minute.

    3. Law enforcement knows that vice busts are easy and safe... for law enforcement. Easier to beat the bushes for sex busts than beat the pavement looking for violent criminals.

    4. Internet advertising: The Law knows where the playgrounds are. Craigslist is also a quick and easy way to sting.

    5. The gay "We are everywhere" campaign worked TOO WELL. Everybody's suspicious of everybody. Strike up a conversation? You might be queer. Go bowling more than once a week and the wifey starts to wonder if anything queer's going on. When I was a kid, real men pissed in urinals, today everybody makes a break for the toilet because everybody's suspicious. "We are everywhere" worked great for the transgendered librarian lobby, but it sank my boat.

    6: Sex saturation in the mass media: In other words: the jig is up. What was once the dirtiest little secret in the world is now finding its way into Cathy Cartoons. Before, everybody knew what those holes in the stalls were for, but nobody wanted to talk about them. Now that sexual liberation put it all out in the open, it's become a crusade to cover them up. Again thanks for nothing.

    7: Overly aggressive gay men fucking it up. This is the one that kills me. A LOT of gay men I talk to get the attitude that "there's no such thing as a completely straight man" and start to prowl rest areas like it was a gay bar.
    With cell phones and surveillance cameras, it's a matter of days before activity is closed down.

    But you know it can still be done. In 2008 I was driving thru Shawnee OK and scored. This trucker was just looking at the newspapers in a rack. I bought a paper, we started talking, and in 15 mins I discovered he was a horny old dog from Arkansas, was married, had 3 kids, hadn't shot a load in a week, and hadn't fucked around with another guy in 3 years. He was off the clock and was spending the night. So did I. In his sleeper.

    But that was just really good timing. I don't know what to do about the new problems with giving truckers satisfaction. I have a few ideas, but nothing that's as easy as the old way where you gave a guy a long look and followed him into the bushes.

    Bncrbr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:42 PM

    Living in the "Bible Belt" has always been risky. We have so many of the wingnuts out there trying to close down places as fast as they can find them. Kansas used to be great for chasing truckers, but not much anymore. All of the rest areas a patrolled quite frequently and camera surveillance has been installed at some. Newer technology still runs it's risks because they set up stings from web site contacts. Sure Tuff, give us some more details. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a trucker myself... I wish is was the old days, even though i wasn't trucking back then.
    I'm new to the whole scene of chasers and truckers... Are there any tips on knowing how to spot a chaser that might just be cruising a rest area?

    ReplyDelete