Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cross Country With Uncle Rick

I was in a writing mood today.  Here's what I came up with:

Cross Country With Uncle Rick - 2010

**************************************************
Dear Diary:
It was great to get out with Uncle Rick again.  I could tell he missed me from last summer.  My parents came and dropped me off at the travel center where we met Uncle Rick for dinner before he and I made our way to his truck.  Everyone said their "goodbyes", their "be carefuls", and I promised to text often with updates of our travels.  I was happy to get away from college for the summer, and I think Uncle Rick was just happy to have me riding with him again.  No sooner were we across state lines when Uncle Rick pulled into a rest area to give me his special welcome.

"Get in the back," he said quietly as he finished parking.  He updated his miles and sent his dispatcher an email.  I got in the back and took off my shoes and my socks.  Uncle Rick joined me after a few minutes, and hugged me for what felt like an eternity.  "Fuck, I missed you, boy," he whispered into my ear.  "Let's get you undressed so I can give you an even better hug."
**************************************************


Lemme know if this is something you'd be interested in reading more of.  Got it saved up in the lil' 'puter, but didn't want to post it all if it ain't gonna be read.
-TC

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Good to have you posting again. I for one would like to read it. You can post it in episodes or chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great ride. Bring it on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:02 PM

    When are we going to read more about Uncle Rick? Enjoyed the first installment and waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete