Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Secret Santa

Don't forget to play Secret Santa for a trucker in your town this year.

HOW IT WORKS:
Each year at Thanksgiving & Christmas I head out to my local truck stop or travel center, tell a waitress that I'll be paying anonymously for some trucker's dinner, and to please NOT let them know who paid for it. In addition to paying for their meal, I usually give the waitress a very nice tip for her help.

OPTIONAL:
For that special touch, sometimes I ask the waitress to deliver the trucker's receipt in a simple little Christmas card thanking the trucker for his hard work, and letting him know (in nonsexual terms, of course) that he IS appreciated.

It makes for a great gesture of appreciation and holiday tidings that usually brighten what would otherwise be a lonely day on the road for some trucker at Christmas.

PAY IT FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment