Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MESSING AROUND IN THE WOODS

FRIENDLY ALERT / REMINDER

When getting on your knees to give head out in the woods (and yes, we still do that despite Windows 7) be sure to protect yourself against bug bites. ESPECIALLY against ticks that can carry the very dangerous LYME DISEASE.


Spray your jeans with any bug spray that has DEET in it, and don't even think about wearing shorts just because they give you easy access. (It gives bugs easy access, too!)



You think you're not at risk from bugs just because you're the one getting head? Think again.

Check yourself for bugs and disease-carrying ticks when you get out of any grassy or wooded areas. The sooner you spot those critters on you, the better your chances of not catching Lyme Disease or some other infection.




PLAY HARD - BUT DON'T PLAY STUPID

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Good advice. I can attest that even if the tick doesn't have Lyme disease, the bite can still be pretty nasty. I got one attached behind my knee and didn't know it until I took a shower. It left a big knot that is going down, but will there after a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been fortunate to never have had one, or at least found it on my clothing before it made it onto my skin. I remember in the Marines, they made us either shave our crotch or wear pantyhose to make the ticks easy to spot before they got on there too long. You can imagine a bunch of Marines all shaving their crotches together since everyone refused to wear pantyhose. (At least in front of everyone else, I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM

    I've known some Marines that would probably have worn pantyhose.
    But I actually prefer my men more masculine, so we never went as far as cross dressing. There were some marines I served with while in the Navy that I would have volunteered to shave.

    ReplyDelete