Sunday, May 02, 2010

Masculine Homos

I just happened to catch a bit of the new show on TV called "Glee" and I caught myself wondering what happened to all the masculine gay guys on television. They have some high school kid on the show who sounds like a woman. If I wasn't looking at him talk, I'd swear it was some little girl. The most masculine person on the show happens to be the lesbian gym teacher. At least she's not giving lesbians a bad name despite the fact she's totally into Madonna. (They even had her do a version of 'Vogue' that was pretty funny.)
I'm glad I got buddies here in the real world that can still be thought of as men. Especially when they speak. What do you think? Are gays getting a bad rap because of the stereotypes on TV? The closest we got (that I can remember) to a semi-masculine gay guy on TV was Will from the show Will & Grace... am I forgetting anyone? Hit me back.

Firefighting Stud

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 AM

    I think the stereotype gay man is the only thing that sells on TV. Straight people don't want to see masculine bay men. Remember the show with John Goodman called "Normal, Ohio"? It was about a blue collar gay man in the midwest. I loved it, but it only lasted for 7 shows before it was cancelled. Just not "Will & Grace" enough. I think Glee is so "High School Musical" and just don't find it very interesting despite the fact that it has gay characters. Glad to have you back posting again.

    ReplyDelete